Tuesday, August 27, 2013

THE OTHER DOG, TRAINING MY HUMANS & ANOTHER NEW FACE

OSCAR:
(27th August 2013)

"I wakened up early this morning when one of my new humans, Catherine, came into the kitchen where I sleep.  She took me outside and it was a bit cold after my cosy bed.  I still have no idea why my new humans take me outside and away from the warmth of the kitchen!  After a while she took me inside ~ I think she is learning I need to get back into my bed to do a wee.  Once again when I did this she took my rug away to the other room and once again I heard a machine starting.  So there I am in my cage with just the base to sit on.  Humans are weird.

After my breakfast, Catherine put me on my lead and I sat beside her as she checked her emails.  I fell asleep on the floor beside her and later wakened up to find we were going on an adventure!  She kept saying "lets go and wake Sean up".  I wondered where Sean was and soon I was lead into another room where he was asleep in a very big bed, well bigger than mine anyway.


Who is this other dog?!
It was then I saw the other dog!  I got a bit of a fright and let out a little bark which made my humans burst out laughing.  They were talking about me (I now know my name is Oscar and so I know when they are chatting about me).  

I barked even more to send this dog away but all Sean and Catherine did was laugh and then take a photograph!  Have they no concern for the fact a strange dog, which looks very like me, has wandered into their house?  Or maybe he lives in the room with the humans bed?  The other dog didn't bark and he didn't approach me but stayed where he was for me to approach him.  I think I am safe for now!

Sean got up and we all went back to the kitchen where Sean again took me outside.  They are obsessed with taking me outside for some reason.  But a strange thing happened.  I needed to 'go' and did my business and I got lots of congratulations and pets afterwards.  Maybe my humans prefer me to do my business outside the house?  I might give that a try later if it means I get lots of pets and even a little piece of liver as a treat.  

I came inside and had a sleep for a while and when I wakened up another human was in the house.  Catherine told me her name is Kathleen and she is the best dog trainer in Donegal.  Surely she means human trainer?  I don't know.  But I know one thing, I really like Kathleen.  She petted me and chatted to me like she'd known me for ages!  And I can smell dogs on her!  Lots of exciting new scents.  I know why too.  She told Catherine she had just finished a class to she must have had lots of dogs at it.  I might like to go to her class to see her and meet all these new dogs.  Catherine said I can once I have my inoculations complete.  Whatever that is!


My new ball & rope toy!
When Kathleen left (she said she had another class so there must be a lot of dogs in Donegal ~ even more than my old home!), Catherine took me outside again and this time she took one of my new toys.  

It's like a ball but there's a rope on it and so it's easy for me to carry.  Catherine threw it and I ran after it and brought it back to her and she very quickly learned to keep throwing it for me!  She is going to be easy to train.

We played for ages and Catherine kept throwing the toy in return for my bringing it back to her.  Then I really needed to have a wee and did one in the yard.  Catherine was very happy with me and even gave me a little cube of that delicious liver!  I think I am having another training breakthrough with my humans ~ I 'go pee pee' (as they call it) in the yard and I get a piece of liver.  I am enjoying training my humans as I am getting lots of rewards.  I suppose they are grateful they have such a great trainer.


Resting with my Nylabone
I was quite tired and so Catherine took me inside and I went into my bed and chewed for a while on another new toy (my humans call it a Nylabone).  It is really good to chew on because there is something delicious inside it and it helps take away any aches I get because apparently I am teething (another new word).  

Catherine only gives me it to chew for a little while each day which makes it a bigger treat for me when I get it.

And now for another snooze ~ I am a growing boy after all!"

NOTE FROM CATHERINE:
Dog owners should read this WARNING about Nylabones before giving one to your dog or puppy.

No comments:

Post a Comment