Tuesday, August 27, 2013

MY FIRST FULL DAY IN MY NEW HOME

OSCAR:
(Monday, 26th August 2013)

"I wakened up this morning and discovered that I wasn't at home with my brother and family and then remembered leaving them all yesterday and my new humans, Sean and Catherine.  I know this is my new home because they told me last night and I remember before my other brothers and sister going away in cars with humans and they never came back to my old home.  

I am in a room on my own but I hear noise outside and then the door opens and Catherine came in and opened my cage and petted me calling me Oscar and telling me what a good boy I am.  I like being petted.  She told me I was such a good boy for sleeping all night and not crying.  Why would I cry?  I was comfortable and warm.  Strange creatures these humans!

She fed me and gave me a big drink of water and then for some reason decided we would stand out in the back yard (she calls it the dogs yard but I don't see any other dogs here?).  We just stood around for a while and she kept saying "Pee pee Oscar".  I have no idea what a pee pee is but she seemed to want me to do something.  Eventually she took me back inside and into my cage and thank goodness because I was just bursting for a wee.  I was half way through when Catherine heard me and came over and took my snugly rug out of the cage and went off to another room where I heard a machine starting up.  Why did she take my rug away?  Maybe I am not meant to pee on my new rug?  I don't know.  Humans can be strange.

Catherine later got a little red cube and had it in one hand.  I discovered that in the other hand she had a fistful of delicious liver cubes.  She was saying 'Oscar, sit' and then pushing my bottom down on to the floor.  Once my bottom was on the floor the red box made a click sound and Catherine gave me a cube of liver.  We did this for a little while and then I went for a lie down.  I think the word sit may be connected with my bottom touching the floor.  I will have to study this more.


Me and Anja
Later we all went out in the car again.  I was in my cage and really I don't mind this now because it means I am going on a trip somewhere and it could be somewhere exciting.  And it was.  Sean drove for a little while and then when he stopped I was lifted out and we went into a room that smelled of lots of dogs!  I know my humans (Sean and Catherine) couldn't smell them but I could.  Another human with a very friendly voice came up and petted me.  She smelled of dogs too although my humans had no idea I could smell dogs once again.  I was getting to like this place!

Catherine called this new human Anja and she was feeling me all over in a gentle way and Catherine asked to take a photo of her with me for my blog (this one you are reading.  Yes, I am going to be a bonna fide blogging dog.  Whatever that means ~ I just hear Catherine saying it so I am happy with that.

After we left Anja, who I heard my humans saying is a vet.  She seemed very like a human to me.  We went a little way in the car and then I had a very exciting time!  We stopped at a huge grassy place with the sea beside it and I got to investigate all the new smells all over the place ~ even though I was still on a lead.  Sean had the other end of the lead and he let me wander wherever I wanted and I found lots of what he called 'seaweed'.  It was pretty tasty but he kept taking it off me.  Humans, as I have said before are strange sometimes!

Lots of exploring later and it was back into the car.  I thought we were just going home but we weren't.  I was taken to a very special house where my human's have lots of little humans.  Catherine told me they are her grandchildren (whatever that means).  I was a perfect gentleman and all the people were saying what a beautiful boy I am.  I am liking all this attention!  


See?  Cake on fire!!!
Everyone was very happy and singing something called 'Happy Birthday' and there was a cake on the table and Bee (the grandchildren's mother) set it on fire!  I was a bit startled but still agreed to pose for a photograph from the safety of my human, Sean's, arms.  I couldn't take my eyes of the cake on fire though!

Later, we left to go home and I was very tired and so had a good sleep in my cage where my snuggley rug was back.  Even though I miss my brother and my family, I think I am going to like living with my new humans!"

No comments:

Post a Comment