Friday, September 27, 2013

ANOTHER DAY, ANOTHER BEACH

After my first visit to a beach I was excited to hear my humans telling me we were going to another beach.  This one was called the Coral Beach and is at St. John's Point near my holiday home (yes, we had another mini-break and it was great fun but I will tell you about that another time).


Surveying the beach (I see I still have my baby teeth!)
The beach is below the road we drove over so I had a good chance to survey this new beach from above before we went down to it for me to explore.

There were no dogs on the beach though so no chance to meet up with new dogs.  Ah well, maybe next time.  And there were no birds to chase either.

I didn't much like the way down to the beach because I am not used to climbing and my human, Sean seems to be refusing to lift me anymore ~ he said I am getting too heavy to be hoisted around.  Whatever hoisted is.


Look!  A jellyfish!
There were lots of things to smell on this beach too including what Catherine called jellyfish.  Jellyfish just look like blobs of shiny stuff on the beach.  Catherine was amazed at seeing so many jellyfish and said they must have all been washed in at high tide.  There we go again with this high tide stuff.  I wish I could tell you what it is but maybe one day someone will explain it to me so I can report back to you.  Sadly, I was tugged away from the jellyfish before I could pick one up in my mouth to taste it so I don't know if you can eat them or not.  My humans always tug me away from interesting things!


Yes, more waves!
I have one bad thing to report ~ this beach had waves too!  You will remember my first beach visit where I discovered the horror that is waves.  If you haven't already read about it, you can by clicking HERE.

Beaches would be so good if it wasn't for waves.  There's lots of stuff to smell and investigate but all the time I have to be careful that a wave could creep up on me at any time.  My human, Catherine, says that soon I will love dashing into the waves and swimming.  I don't know what this swimming is but I am sure I won't be dashing into waves any time soon!

We played on the beach for a while and I was really enjoying myself when Catherine said "Oh, look, a herd of cattle.  Let's take Oscar up to meet them".  So that was the end of my beach adventure as I was pulled along back up the path and on to the road.


Look how small they look
And it was there I met cattle for the first time.  From far away they looked tiny and I was looking forward to investigating them.  Maybe they would play with me like my brothers and sisters when I was a little puppy?  

But close up cattle, in case you don't know, are these HUGE beasts who look a bit scary to me.  They are even bigger than my dad Ike ~ and he is huge too.  Even Catherine said they were very big cattle and they were bullocks not cows.  So many names for one thing!  


And look how big they are close up!
They had things sticking out of their heads and I know they are called horns because Catherine said that it was funny they didn't have their horns trimmed whilst pointing at these dangerous looking pointy things.  

I wasn't very scared like I am of waves but I didn't want to get too close either so after investigating for a while (and safely from the other side of the fence), I lay down on the soft grass and watched from an even safer distance as this herd of huge cattle wandered by.


Watching the cattle ~ from a safe distance!

And it is not just me that thinks they are a bit scary.  I heard Catherine say to Sean that she was scared they might break through the fence!  She said we would stay close to the car just in case one of them wanted to chase me!  I am sure I could easily jump into my cage without help if one of these monsters came running at me!

Luckily they didn't attempted any such thing so I could just enjoy the rest on the grass, far from the horrible waves and far enough away from the cattle to feel mostly safe.


No comments:

Post a Comment